Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Three new things I tried this summer. I'm still learning but, I like!

1. http://www.weebly.com/
Weebly is super for creating classroom websites. My site is in its infant stage but I find weebly to be user friendly.

2. https://www.teachingchannel.org/
What a terrific site for teachers. There are gobs of videos to watch from preparing your classroom, to learning/understanding/utilizing the CCSS, to teaching a lesson, etc. Again, new to this site, but have been finding myself lost in it as of late.

3. A book:  Common Core Curriculum Maps written for Teachers by Teachers
I got a tip on a great resource this summer that really ties all the new curriculum together in a fast and easy way. The title is Common Core Curriculum Maps K-5, although I do believe there is a secondary version as well. It's written by a coalition of teachers for teachers so it is nicely organized and easy to follow. It lists all the standards, gives an overview of each module with trade book titles and shares sample lessons. This book is ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment